The Popular And Best Option Of Roofing In 2018: Metal Roofs
In 2018, metal roofs have become the most popular form of roofing. Individuals, who are building new houses, and old homeowners, who are looking to redo their old roofs, all chose metal roofs because of all the various benefits it has. If you are struggling to decide what type of roof your house needs, then check out some of the advantages of metal roofs.
Advantages To Having A Metal Roof
- Expected Life & Longevity: If your metal roof is properly installed, then it can last up to 40-70 years without needing any major repairs unlike traditional asphalt roofing which only lasts up to 12-20 years.
- Durability: The metal roof will keep out any form of precipitation such as water, snow, sleet, or hail. It will also not be affected by high, strong winds up to 140 miles per hour. Over the years, your roof will not crack or corrode.
- Maintenance: Depending on the type of metal you use, your roof will require minimal maintenance, just occasionally do check-ups to make sure debris is not clogging up.
- Weight: The typical weight of tile is approximately 750 pounds per square and concrete tile is close to 900 pounds per square, but metal roofing is very light and most varies from about 50-150 pounds per square. Due to the lightweight material, you can downsize the number of roof support members and save money.
- Safety: Metal roofs will not spark and ignite into flames during a wildfire or lightning strike.
- Heat Conduction: The roof will reflect solar radiant heat, which will save you money because not a lot of air conditioning will be needed. It can reduce cooling costs by 10-25%.
- Added Home Value: If you ever decided to put your house on the market, a metal roofing would add value to your home due to all these great benefits. People looking to buy a house have metal roofs as a necessity nowadays.
Why You Should Choose Metal Roofs
After looking at only some of the several advantages, it should be an easy choice of what type of roof you should get. Metal roofs beat out conventional roofing in multiple different ways, and they should be the way to go for anyone looking to build or replace their roof.