Kingston is rich in history and displays its pride through artifacts, scrapbooks, and photographs in two museums maintained by the Kingston Woman’s History Club. The Kingston Women History Museum is located at 13 E. Main St. Kingston GA 30145. This museum provides a glimpse into the old South and life in Kingston following the Civil War. The Kingston Woman’s History Club began maintaining the museum on the first “Decoration Day.” The museum facility offers free on-site parking, public restrooms, self-guided tours, civil war sites, all age-friendliness, and room for groups. The Martha Mulinix Annex is the newer of the two, opening in 1998, and displays material about Kingston and the surrounding area. They observe the memorial day by honoring 250 unknown soldiers in the town cemetery. It is a very small building in a small area but holds many memories and historic facts and details as a civil war area. They enjoy sharing facts, old quilts, pottery, and many other old used items that the women have in the museum. As they have provided great service for many years they still continue to and people enjoy this attraction. Kingston GA is where the last contingent of Confederate Troops east of the Mississippi were pardoned in May 1865. 1 OAK Roofing has been proudly serving the area of Kingston with roofing contractor
services for years.