2022 Roofing Accessories
Are you considering or wanting to know more about renewing your roof to make it look more like the modern-day style and more power-saving? If so, you would probably like to know about some of the most popular and loved roofing options that are a possibility for you today. When a typical person thinks about a concrete roof, the next thing that pops into their heads is a warehouse or school. Many roofers are able to install concrete tiles, and they look very similar to shingles but are much more durable. They are available in a broad collection of colors. They have colors like black, brown, copper, and others to choose from. These newer roofing options have grown to be more popular. Their versatility and impressive durability really draw people in. There are probably more roofing accessories offered than you happen to know about. Ice and water guard are major protections you should look into if you have a steep tilted roof. This could be very helpful in the winter months.
How Can We Help!
Many large commercial buildings today are required to have ice and water guards and national buildings mandate that ice and water guards start at the edge of the roof and stretch out about 2 feet to the heated wall spot of the building. Ice and water guards are simply just a peel and stick piece that presses onto the roof deck. It forms a waterproof wall and ice will tend to just build up on the edges. It is also joined in the dips of the roof and wrapped around the roof corners/walls. Having a roof ventilation system will help keep your roof in the best shape, and will help make its proper maintenance easier. Heat and moisture gathered together can be harmful to your steep roof.
These are a couple of available vent systems:
- Passive roof vents: Sit at certain periods along the top edge of the sloping roof edge, these accessories let heat in the attic naturally rise and flow out.
- Ridge vents: Situated at the top point of your roof system, these can be covered with the same element as your roof, but serve a different purpose. While the vents let heat and moisture escape, roofing systems try to hold heat and moisture out
- Solar roof vents: Unlike previously talked about, passive roof vents, these roof accessories need a solar-operated fan to generate heat and moisture out of the attic. Having this helps take down a home’s energy bill at no real additional cost during the summer months.
- Roof gutters and downspouts can improve the water properties of your roof by taking the water away from your home. By doing this, it helps to dodge foundation problems because of water damage. Gutters come in different materials, shapes, and types. The most known materials are aluminum, metal, and copper. Solar photovoltaic kits- solar panels can be placed on a roof to catch sunlight that can then be used as electricity.
- Skylights: These are windows located right on the steep slope roof to have the advantage of daylight and use attic space. These things come either as a basic window or as tube-like structures that funnel sunlight into your home without having the extra costs. Some skylights will be approved for your federal tax credits. Snow guards are helpful for those living in northern climates that often expect snow, install these guards to prevent any harm by snow gathering up in one place and eventually falling down.
1OAK Roofing is proud to be able to offer 2021 roofing accessories like this listed.