What To Expect During A Roof Replacement & Tips and Tricks To Help
When a roof needs to be replaced, there are obvious signs such as water damage or cracked panels. As soon as you experience or see the aftermath of these signs, you should call a contractor to come and replace your roof. While your roof is being replaced, there are certain things to expect that can cause some inconvenience, but with some tips and tricks, it will definitely help out.
When Should You Get A Roof Replacement
There are certain signs that occur and confirm that it is time to get a roof replacement like:
- Storm Damage: Severe storms can take a toll on roofs. The most common type of damage is rain, and when rainwater collects for a while, it can lead to the growth of mold and attract insects. High winds can blow roof shingles off, leaving the space empty. Sometimes because of the high winds, tree branches or the entire tree will come down onto the roof and cause major damage. If you have a metal roof, then an intense hail storm can dent your roofing and cause damage as well. A large amount of snow can put pressure on your roof panels and destroy them, and also, snow turning into ice can later be deadly for the roof. So, it is recommended to get your whole roof replaced rather than just the storm damage spot.
- Worn Roof: Storm damage, low slope, ice damming, or mold growth can shorten the lifespan of an asphalt roof. If you ignore the signs of a worn roof, you risk even more severe problems like a rotten roof frame and leaks which will cost most to fix.
- Increasing House Value: If you are looking to put your house on the market, then redoing your roof is an excellent option. It will not only increase your house’s value but also give it a more fresh and vibrant appearance. Besides the aesthetic impact, potential home buyers will consider your house more due to the fact that they will not have to spend money and fix a roof anytime soon.
What To Expect During A Roof Replacement
The chance of a homeowner replacing their roof is very likely. The project can be overwhelming and comes with multiple things that you did not expect, but hopefully, these tips and tricks will help.
- Cleaning and Removing Debris: As a new roof is being built, there will be fallout to clean up. The best way to clean is going out there and cleaning up the mess every day, so the trash pile does not get unmanageable. If you have little children or pets, cleaning regularly will prevent any accidents like them accidentally eating nails or leftover materials.
- Cover Up Plants: If your house has any sorts of plants, then make sure to cover them up because debris can accumulate and destroy the appearance of your plants. It is very hard to get some of the debris such as sawdust and fallen nails can blend into the plants.
- Take Down Hanging Items:Not only does building affect the outside of the home, but it also affects the inside. Any items that may be hanging on the walls need to come off because there is a good chance it might fall and break due to the heavy duty work.
A roof replacement may sound like extra work, but with these tips and tricks, it should all be manageable. If your contractor is dependable and does high-quality work, then you will not have to worry about half of these things. There will be no mess to clean up or mistakes to worry about.
Contact 1 OAK Roofing’s office nearest to you…